Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Mom's Cancer

None of us ever could've imagined my mom in this position. She's young, beautiful, active and seemingly healthy. Not what you would peg as a "cancer patient'. But I'm seeing that there is no physical characteristics that puts someone into that category. I mean consciously I knew that, but I am realizing that subconsciously I may have thought otherwise. Once again, I'm learning how naive I can be. I find myself looking at everyone around me wondering what type of cancer they have.
But I haven't let the enemy steal my hope completely on this one. I know that it is not an absolute fate of doom. Matthew 19:26. As I understand it, she has a noninvasive form of breast cancer. Which basically means it has not made it into her bloodstream (praise God!). They will obviously still need to do some undesirable procedures (surgery, radiation, tamoxifin), but she is in a good position as far as the "C" word goes. This type of cancer is almost always curable. And my God is ALWAYS good. So what more is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment