Monday, January 24, 2011

Crooked Cake




Unlike the women who do these sorts of things strictly for enjoyment, I start out with the sole intention of being frugal. Some might have other words for it. I prefer frugal. I refuse to pay the amount that they want at a bakery for a pile of sugar so, I become determined to do it myself for $9.50. Then, after the process, I realize that I enjoy these sorts of things. I believe that the Lord knows that I would never have baked fondant cakes, built tv stands, laid a tile floor, etc. unless my bank account forced me to. Sometimes I feel like the karate kid who is wondering why Mr. Miyagi has him suffering through all this nonsense until the day when he realizes that He is molding him into something that might be able to stand a chance.
For this I am thankful. All this from a crooked cake.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how beautiful!!! Yummy looking too.. You made this??? What and artist you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing you too!!!! Hey skiing though right?!?!? We will see ya tomorrow! Fun fun fun ;)

    ReplyDelete