Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Scent of September

I knew as soon as I woke up this morning that this was going to be the day. One of my favorite things in this life is a cool fall day with the sun beaming orange and gold, the house clean and a delicious apple pie scented candle evoking warm feelings flickering in the background. I try not to think of the long winter months that follow. For now, I'm in love with this very day.
Last week was so busy. The first week of school. It seems that this year is going to be even more challenging than the years past. Having Bryan home is wonderful. Thing is, he cannot survive on PB&J's and baby carrots for lunch like the kids can. Now every meal needs to be a 4 star, hungry-man sized spread. Also, I can't do the "cram clean" like I would do when he had a 9-5 job. You know, when I would clean the house at 4:30 just in time for him to arrive home and act like it was clean all day. Yeah, the cat's out of the bag now. The house is a complete mess at 1pm. I admit it. And now someone besides me and the kids knows it.
I love homeschooling these kids and I pray that the Lord has me doing it for years to come. I just hope I can figure out how to be a 4 star chef and a white glove house keeper while still being the best teacher possible for my kids. Only God can work this kind of magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment